Mike grew up in Merrick, NY, and was constantly active in sports throughout high school and college. He played soccer and wrestled in high school and went on to play Division 3 soccer at SUNY Brockport. He discovered CrossFit while he was the varsity wrestling coach in Charlotte, NC. After being encouraged by other people, Mike went to CrossFit Charlotte and completed “Helen,” which took him 13 minutes. After being unable to swing a 53lb kettlebell and vomiting afterward, he was hooked. CrossFit has introduced him to life-long friends and had made him a better—and tougher—athlete.
- USAW CF-L1 Olympic Lifting
- OPEX Assessment and Program Design
- BS – Physical Education, SUNY Brockport
- 2009-2016 Reebok CrossFit Regionals competitor (Mid-Atlantic, northeast)
- 2013-2016 Reebok CrossFit Games competitor
- Professional Grid athlete, Boston Iron